- Don’t drive over your septic tank or soak area or compact the soil in any way
- Don’t dig in this area or cover with any hard surface such as concrete etc.
- Don’t plant anything over or near the soak area or septic tank as roots may damage the drain lines
- Don’t use your toilet as a bin and limit the use of chemicals and cleansers down the drain. Harsh chemicals kill the bacteria that help purify your wastewater.
- Don’t waste money on septic tank additives. The bacteria needed to treat wastewater is naturally present in sewage. Additives do not eliminate the need for emptying your tank regularly.
- Never enter a septic tank – toxic gases from the tank can kill. If your system develops problems contact us immediately.